Grit’s remote proofing tool, Proofs4Print, makes it easy to review, annotate, approve, reject, and even delegate the approval to another party. Once a proof has been approved or rejected, our staff is automatically notified.
Refer to the instructions below to learn how to navigate our remote proofing site and use the tools to mark up your proof.
1. Once a proof is ready for review, you will receive an email from “proofs4print.com.” We created proofs4print.com specifically to give you a generic address and site for your customers to review their proofs. Click on the Click here link to visit the proofs4print web-based remote proofing server.
2. This is the screen you will see when you open up your high resolution proof for viewing. You have the thumbnail pages of your proof on the left-hand side with the main preview on the right with the tools at the top.
3. You can select the “i” button to view the specs of your proof on the left-hand side of the screen.
4. You can check the color separations and review the page boxes of your proof in this screen as well.
5. Use the Zoom Tool to inspect the proof
6. Select the Note Tool in the toolbar to leave notes anywhere on the proof. The additional note tools to the right of the Note Tool, allow you to highlight a certain area and comment, write text, or draw freehand. You must click “Save Note” in the yellow note box for any annotation to be recorded.
7. The Densitometer allows you to check the densities anywhere on the proof just by clicking.
8. You even have the ability to measure certain areas using the Measurement Tool.
9. If you would like to print or save this proof, just click the download button to download a low resolution copy of the proof.
10. Once you are done inspecting the proof, it is time to Approve, Reject or Delegate the proof. Simply click on one of the buttons to achieve your desired result. Continue reading for further explanation on these 3 options.
11. If approved and the Approved button is clicked, the status will be changed to Approved at the top right corner of your screen and you as well as your Grit team will receive this email confirmation.
12. If you would like to reject the proof, please create and save a note indicating why. Then click on Reject and click Reject again when it asks if you are sure you want to reject the file. The status will change to Rejected in the upper right-hand corner. You as well as your Grit team will receive this email confirmation.
13. If you choose to share the proof with another party by clicking on Delegate there are 3 options. Select your delegating method and type the email address in the Approver e-mail section and click Delegate. The proof will be sent to the designated party.
14. DELEGATION METHODS
- Add Approver – this requires approval from both you and the delegated party. Approval will not be sent back to Grit until both parties select Approve. Also, if you would like to send it to more than one person you can. Simply select Delegate again, Add approver, and type in a second email address, and then click Delegate.
- Add Informative Approver – this will allow you to send the proof to another party, but approval authority still stands with you. Once you select Approve on your proof viewing screen this will move forward as Approved for production.
- Transfer Approval – this will allow you to send the proof and approval authority to another party. You will no longer have approval authority. Therefore, once you select this option and enter in an email address, the approval will be held with the party you sent it to and the status of the proof will change to Delegated. Note: once the delegated party approves this proof, notification will be sent to your Grit team that it is approved for production.
15. This is an example of what you will see when you Delegate using the “Transfer Approval” option.
16. Confirmation emails will be sent once proofs are either approved or rejected. In this example, the Transfer Approval Option was chosen and the secondary party approved the proof.
17. If changes have been made to your art file, whether they were requested or made at the discretion of our prepress professionals, you will receive this approval format. Please review the notes left for you and review the proof. You are responsible for reviewing the entire proof for content. Select Show Approval Form. Check the boxes confirming you read the notes and reviewed your proof thoroughly. Then select Approve or Reject. You will not be able to approve or reject your proof without signing off on the disclosures. If you are rejecting your proof, please see Step 6 to leave Notes for Prepress. If you are delegating the proof your customer will be viewing the same screen and will need to follow the described instructions.
Please contact your Grit Salesperson or Project Leader should you have any questions – we are here to help!